- I can’t access the things on my list!
What to do: If you’re having problems accessing the resources on a list, or can’t see links where there ought to be links, then you may not be logged in to Resource Lists.
If you see ‘Guest’ in the top right of the screen you’re not logged in!
To log in, just click on ‘Guest’ and then you’ll be prompted to sign in using your EASE details. You should now be able to see the links and access all the resources on your list.
- I’m getting an ‘illegal institution’ error message!
What to do: This issue does crop up occasionally, but should be resolved if you try the following:
- If you’re going through LEARN, don’t use Internet Explorer! Use Chrome or Firefox;
- If you’re going through LEARN and using Safari, you may need to change your browser settings to ‘accept cookies’;
- If you’re still having problems, you can log in through the homepage (http://resourcelists.ed.ac.uk). You need to make sure and sign in to have full text access to resources (go to ‘Guest’ top right of screen to log in).
- If you’re still unable to access Resource Lists, we can check your Library account is set up correctly – if this is the case, drop us a line (email@example.com) with your details and we’ll investigate.
- I need some Resource Lists guidance!
What to do:
- Have a look at the user guides and the Resource Lists website: http://www.ed.ac.uk/information-services/research-teaching-staff/resource-lists
- Get in touch: you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet us @ResourceListsEd