The Law Library now is part of the Click & Collect Service!
The Click & Collect service has been expanding since it’s launch in Feb 2021. As of 29th March 2021 staff and students are able to place Click & Collect requests for print material from the Law Library collections.
The Law Library resources are in addition to those already available from the Main Library, New College Library, ECA Library and University Collections Facilities. Items based at other site libraries are not yet available for Click & Collect.
To order a book collection using the service:
- Place your request through DiscoverEd.
- You can order up 3 Click & Collect items at any one time. The maximum number of requests covers your total current Click & Collect requests.
- All items requested should be collected from the Main Library as the Law Library remains closed.
- Staff will undertake retrievals of items requested from the Law Library once a week (Tuesdays). So depending on when you place your request it may mean that it may take over a week for you to receive an email notification that your requested item is available for collection.
- Once you have received an email notification that your requested Law Library item is available you should make a booking to collect your item from the Main Library.
Full details of the service are available on the main Library Click and Collect Service webpages:
Don’t forget that the Scan & Deliver Service is also available to you!
Have you visited the Law Library this year?
This is a really unusual year for staff and students at Edinburgh and it can be disconcerting not knowing which facilities are open on campus, or what to expect when you get there. We want to reassure any students who are keen to visit the Law Library at Old College that there will be a warm welcome for you there. Our Helpdesk Team are working hard to make sure the library service is as safe as possible while still providing the excellent support you need to access the resources and study spaces in the building.
We’ve asked our Helpdesk Manager, Fran, to offer a few words of advice for anyone wishing to visit the library:
Library Helpdesk staff would like to welcome you back to the Library! We are here to help with guiding you to the study space that you have booked, card replacements and general enquiries. We do ask that you follow the guidelines for things that have been put in place to ensure the safety of all library users and staff. This means that you must wear a face covering (unless you have an exemption) at all times, even when you are sat in a study space. We have put a lot of cleaning material and hand sanitiser in the library, if anything is missing please let us know. There is a well marked out one way system which is there for you to follow and ensures that we all can maintain social distancing.
Our Helpdesk staff are ready to assist you in the library.
Fran and her team are ready to greet you during the library’s open hours, which are currently as listed below:
Monday 21 September – Friday 4 December 2020
|Monday – Thursday
||9am – 9.50pm
||9am – 6.50pm
||9am – 4.50pm
||12noon – 4.50pm
These hours may change from the 5th December 2020 in preparation for exams. For more information on this and other changes to the service, check the Law Library pages on the university website:
Law Library Information
Law Library Opening Hours
Booking a study space
We hope that you stay safe and know that the Law Library will be ready to welcome you back whenever it is safe for you to be on campus.
View of the mezzanine from the Senate Room