This month the Academic Support Librarian team are highlighting resources linked to Equity, Diversity & Inclusion in the areas of Law and Social and Political Science. You may be aware that Justice Week 2022 is nearly upon us (28th February to 4th March), and we thought this would be an excellent time to shine a light on a number of legal materials which are free to access, and therefore help to make the understanding of law more accessible to a greater number of people. We list several useful resources on the Law subject guide under ‘More Legal Resources’, including:
- Free legal dictionaries
- Links to Scottish, UK and European court websites
- Links to legal regulatory and advisory bodies
- Links to resources that offer free case details e.g. BAILII
- Human Rights – free databases from UN and IJRC
The University subscribes to even more databases which offer staff and students additional access to support their study and research. You can find these by visiting our Law Databases page:
- Jutastat – containing legal content from Africa
- Slavery and the Law – a collection of petitions on race, slavery and free blacks submitted to American state legislatures and county courthouses 1775-1867
- China Law Info– also known as Beida fabao
- Making of Modern Law: Legal Treatises, 1800- 1926 – the world’s most comprehensive full-text collection of British Commonwealth and American legal treatises from the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries
- Proquest Law Sources via the History Vault Platform – including African American Police League Records, 1961-1988, Law and Society since the Civil War
You may also be interested in our short video (9 minutes) which demonstrates how to access international legal resources via library services online.:
As well as databases we have some great books and eBooks including:
- Diversity and Integration in Private International Law. Ruiz Abou-Nigm, Blanca Noodt Taquela (2020). OUP ; Diversity and integration in private international law.
- Equality and Non-Discrimination in the EU: The Foundations of the EU Legal Order. Zaccaroni (2021) Edward Elgar Publishing ; Equality and Non-Discrimination in the EU: The Foundations of the EU Legal Order
- Modern Law and Otherness: The Dynamics of Inclusion and Exclusion in Comparative Legal Thought. Corcodel (2019). Edward Elgar ; Modern Law and Otherness: The Dynamics of Inclusion and Exclusion in Comparative Legal Thought
- Education, Law and Diversity: Schooling for One and All? Harris (2019). Bloomsbury Publishing ; Education, Law and Diversity: Schooling for One and All?
- Racial discrimination in education and EU equality law. Farkas and Gergely (2020) Publications Office ; Racial discrimination in education and EU equality law
- Mutinies for equality : contemporary developments in law and gender in India. Herklotz and de Souza (2021). Cambridge University Press ; Mutinies for equality : contemporary developments in law and gender in India
- Women and equality in Iran : law, society and activism. Alikarami (2019). I.B. Tauris ; Women and equality in Iran : law, society and activism.
We hope this will inspire you to explore the library’s collections further when considering Equity, Diversity and Inclusion themes – so now over to you to take a look!