Following a successful trial, the Library now subscribes to Vetstream Vetlexicon
Vetstream Vetlexicon Canis, Felis, Lapis and Equis (dogs, cats, rabbits and horses) services are subscription based online encyclopaedias of point-of-care clinical veterinary information. The content is provided by 900 of the world’s leading veterinary clinicians and includes more than 19,000 peer-reviewed articles on diseases and their pathogens, diagnostic tests, medical and surgical treatments as well as breeds and owner factsheets and images, videos and heart sounds. The content is categorised into 30 body systems and disciplines and cross-linked to each other. This allows the veterinarian to move between all the relevant information relating to a particular case, enabling them to diagnose, treat and effectively communicate all the relevant information to the owner.
- Updated weekly
- Search function that searches across all four services (dog, cat, rabbit and horse) to enable a comparative approach
- Diagnostic images, sound and video
- Owner factsheets to support your communication with owners
- Detailed formulary so you can prescribe with confidence
- Direct links to PubMed and VetMed Resource
- Free Monthly newsletters
- RSS & Twitter feeds of updated content
Vetstream Vetlexicon can be accessed via DiscoverEd and the Veterinary Medicine Databases A-Z list.