University of Edinburgh current staff and students now have access to the Times Higher Education via a library subscription.
With our institutional subscription, you will be able to read online articles and digital editions using the THE website, and you will also be able to download the THE app to your device.
This service provides access to the latest weekly edition, and you can also access full text dating back to January 2013. An archive of earlier articles can be searched, and you have the option to set up a weekly email alerting you when the new edition is available.
Access is enabled via a personal account which is associated with the University using your official University e-mail address (ending .ed.ac.uk)
Registering as a first time user
You can register for an account to access our institutional subscription from 1st June onwards.
If you are registering to access the Times Higher Education for the first time please follow these instructions so that your personal THE account is associated with the University’s institutional subscription:
- From the Times Higher Education website click on the user account icon (i.e. the red person icon towards the top right)
- Register using your University of Edinburgh email address ending @ed.ac.uk
- Choose a username and password (please note that your username will appear in public facing parts of the site – for example if you choose to leave comments on articles)
- Click on Join us at the bottom and you will be logged in
- You will receive a confirmation email
Once you have successfully registered your personal account, just click on Login the next time you use the service.
Access digital editions
- To access digital editions of Times Higher Education, go to the magazine’s homepage at https://www.timeshighereducation.com.
- Click the “Professional” tab, then click “Digital Editions”.
- Then simply select the issue you want to view.
Download the app
- The Times Higher Education app is available on iOS, Android and Kindle Fire. Visit your app store provider to download it to your device.
- Select the edition you would like to view (e.g. UK or Global).
- Log in by clicking on the icon in the top right corner.
- Select Account, then click “Existing THE account”.
- Enter your username and password.
Still need help?
If you require further information about setting up your access for the library subscription to Times Higher Education then please:
Contact us via the IS Helpline