From time to time, we compile resource lists on different aspects of Theology and Religious Studies.
Islam and Muslim-Christian Studies are developing areas of our collections, responding to the new teaching and research activities of the School of Divinity. Below is a brief guide to some relevant resources you can find at New College Library.
* Books on Islam at shelfmark BP (downstairs in Stack I)
* Copies of the Qur’an at BP 109
* Books on Islamic law/Shari’a law at shelfmark K (downstairs in Stack I)
Online Journals about Islam/Muslim communities
* Al-Jamiʼah: Journal of Islamic Studies
* American Journal of Islamic Studies
* Comparative Islamic Studies
* Contemporary Islam
* Critical Muslim
* Islam & Science
* Islam and Christian Muslim Relations
* Islam and civilisational renewal: a journal devoted to contemporary issues and policy research.
* Islamic Studies
* Journal of Indonesian Islam
* Journal of Muslim Mental Health
* Journal of Muslim minority affairs
* Journal of Shi’a Islamic Studies
* Journal of the International Qur’anic Studies Association
* Sociology of Islam
* Studia Islamica
* The Muslim World
This is a selective list which features only journals published in English. The library also provides access to other online journals in the field of Islam which are published in other languages e.g. Arabic, Turkish and Indonesian: search in DiscoverEd to find these.
* Christian-Muslim Relations Online
* Early Western Korans Online
* Encyclopaedia of Islam
* Encyclopaedia of the Qur’an
* Encyclopedia of Women & Islamic Cultures Online
* Index Islamicus
* Kotobarabica Arabic E-Library
* Oxford Bibliographies Online: Islam
* Oxford Islamic Studies Online
* Qurʾānic Studies Online
* Twentieth Century Religious Thought: Islam
You can find further resources at: https://www.ed.ac.uk/information-services/library-museum-gallery/finding-resources/library-databases/databases-subject-a-z/database-islamic-stud
If you’d like to find out more about sources relating to the study of Islam, or any other research topic relating to Divinity, please contact Christine by e-mail at: Christine.Love-Rodgers@ed.ac.uk
Christine Love-Rodgers, Academic Support Librarian, School of Divinity, New College and Gina Headden, IS Helpdesk Assistant, New College Library.