The Library has purchased an e-book version, with an audio file, of Colloquial Scottish Gaelic published in August 2015. The e-book can be accessed via the Library’s DiscoverEd, or click here. Audio material to accompany the course is available to download free in MP3 format from www.routledge.com/cw/colloquials.
Colloquial Scottish Gaelic provides a step-by-step course in Scottish Gaelic as it is written and spoken today. Combining a user-friendly approach with a thorough treatment of the language, it equips learners with the essential skills needed to communicate confidently and effectively in Scottish Gaelic in a broad range of situations. No prior knowledge of the language is required.Key features include:
- progressive coverage of speaking, listening, reading and writing skills
- structured, jargon-free explanations of grammar
- an extensive range of focused and stimulating exercises
- realistic and entertaining dialogues covering a broad variety of scenarios
- useful vocabulary lists throughout the text
- an overview of the sounds and alphabet of Scottish Gaelic
- additional resources available at the back of the book, including a full answer key, a grammar summary, bilingual glossaries and English translations of dialogues.
The audio material, recorded by native speakers, features the dialogues and texts from the book and will help develop your listening and pronunciation skills.