Hello and welcome to the LLC Librarian blog. My name is Robert O’Brien, Academic Support Librarian for the School of Literatures, Languages and Cultures. My role is to provide library support for teaching, learning, and research within the School.
The aim of this bog is to advise you about new and existing Library resources and services relevant to LLC, including database trials, new e-resources, library news, events, and exhibitions. It will also highlight existing useful resources and upcoming information literacy training sessions for students and staff.
My main responsibilities are:
- Facilitate communication between the Library and the School
- Advise LLC staff and students on Library policies and procedures
- Oversee the library collections development for LLC subject areas
- Make sure that the School’s annual library funds are spent efficiently
- Answer LLC subject-related resource questions
- Provide information skills training to students and staff as required, either in class or on a one-to-one basis
You can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.