Do you need help with your research? Have you got yourself into a muddle using legal resources online? Do you just need to know what you need to know?
Book a one-to-one meeting with one of the Law Librarians to discuss your research issues or library problems. In previous one-to-ones we’ve helped students with:
- search strategies
- using our subscription databases
- finding international case law
- finding historical Scots material online (specifically the Institutional Writers)
- referencing (specifically using OSCOLA)
- setting up news alerts for cases or legislation
We arrange appointments once a fortnight using the MyEd booking system. Search for “Literature search clinic” and select the Law specific event, or search for “Law” and select provider group “IS Library and University Collections” to find all our Law related training. Future dates include:
- 18th March (currently booked)
- 6th April
- 22nd April
- 3rd May
- 20th May
We release appointments approximately three weeks before the meeting, and all meetings are currently held online via Microsoft Teams with links sent out the week before the appointment. If you cannot see an available meeting slot that suits you please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will arrange an appointment to suit.