The Data Vault platform is being developed on GitHub and can be downloaded from there:
- GitHub: https://github.com/DataVault/datavault
- Download (as zip): https://github.com/DataVault/datavault/archive/master.zip
- Clone: git clone https://github.com/DataVault/datavault.git
The code is open source with an MIT licence:
The MIT License (MIT)
Copyright (c) 2015 The DataVault Team
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the “Software”), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
Contributions to the project are very welcome! Please get in touch if you would like to contribute, or use the following mechanisms:
- Contribute new features to the code, or fix bugs. This can be achieved by submitting a ‘pull request’ to the GitHub project. If you are developing new features, please get in touch so that we can ensure they are developed in a complimentary fashion to the main code base;
- Try using the software in your institution – please give us your feedback!
- Assist in the creation of documentation and instructional materials for the project