Artfilms-Digital is the video streaming service of Contemporary Arts Media and Artfilms and provides access to over 1660 videos in Arts & Humanities subject areas with strengths in performing arts, visual and digital art, architecture, design, new media, film, cinema, communication and culture. Includes masterclasses, documentaries, and interviews. Continue reading
This event will be open to all – researchers, postgraduate students, librarians, archivists and research managers – will take place on Wednesday, 7th February 2018 from 13.00 – 16.00 in the Boardroom of the National Library of Scotland (NLS), George IV Bridge.
- Specially designed for the needs of general linguists and typologists.
- Enables simultaneous complex searches across dozens of languages on hundreds of linguistic phenomena.
- Naturalistic examples illustrate each linguistic phenomenon, together with interlinear glossing and free translation.
- There is a focus on small and endangered languages.
- Permits access to unlimited number of simultaneous users.
- User guide available.
- Trial access available until 31st March 2018.
We now have access to Past Masters Commons, a growing series of important texts and translations that present the history of philosophy and thought. Continue reading
We now have full access from volume 1 to this De Gruyter title, first published in 2013. Continue reading
A new Pop-up IT Support Desk, situated on the ground floor concourse of the Main Library, will run from 12pm to 6pm (Monday – Friday) with late opening until 7.30pm on Wednesdays between 27/03/17 and 19/05/17. This will replace the regular Mobile Device Clinics during this period.
Future Teacher is a themed programme that focuses on the big issues and the range of new technologies that will have an impact on teaching over the next few years.
These interactive and informative sessions offer opportunities for discussion as well as practical help for getting started with a range of tools and technologies.
The RDM Forum is a newly created platform that brings together from across the University researchers and research & IT support staff whose role involves helping academics in managing their research data. Continue reading