I’m pleased to let you know that following a request from staff in Politics & International Relations the Library now has access to the Oxford Handbooks Online Political Science 2017 collection. This includes titles such as The Oxford Handbook of Populism, The Oxford Handbook of Gender and Conflict and The Oxford Handbook of U.S. National Security.
Oxford Handbooks offer authoritative and up-to-date surveys of original research in a particular subject area. Specially commissioned essays from leading figures in the discipline give critical examinations of the progress and direction of debates, as well as a foundation for future research. Oxford Handbooks provide students and staff with compelling new perspectives upon a wide range of subjects in the humanities and social sciences.
Titles included in Oxford Handbooks Online Political Science 2017 collection:
- The Oxford Handbook of Populism
- The Oxford Handbook of Gender and Conflict
- The Oxford Handbook of U.S. National Security
- The Oxford Handbook of French Politics
- The Oxford Handbook of Social and Political Trust
- The Oxford Handbook of U.S. Women’s Social Movement Activism
- The Oxford Handbook of U.S. Judicial Behavior
- The Oxford Handbook of Electoral Systems
You can access the individual book titles in the collection via DiscoverEd. Or you can access the Oxford Handbooks Online site via the E-books pages. Note that some of these titles will also be available in hard copy at the Library as well.
Access to e-books is only available to current students and staff at the University of Edinburgh.
Caroline Stirling – Academic Support Librarian for School of Social and Political Science