Next week is the annual international Open Access Week where organisations celebrate and showcase open access developments and projects. It is a time for the wider community to coordinate in taking action to make openness the default for research.
This year’s theme of “It Matters How We Open Knowledge: Building Structural Equity” aligns with the recently released UNESCO Recommendation on Open Science, of which Open Access is a crucial component.
We will be publishing a series of blog posts to showcase the best of Open Access at the University of Edinburgh. To give you a sneak peak here is the publishing schedule:
- Monday: Unveiling the new UOE Research Publications & Copyright policy
- Tuesday: Transformative Agreements: a new way to ‘Read & Publish’
- Wednesday: Edinburgh Diamond: a new OA platform for UOE
- Thursday: Repository Downloads: a year of Open Access
- Friday: Meet the Team: the experts providing help and support at UOE