Hello, welcome. My name is Shenxiao Tong, Academic Support Librarian for the School of Literatures, Languages and Cultures. My role is to provide library support for teaching, learning and research within the School. My main responsibilities are:
- Facilitate communication between the Library and the School
- Advise LLC staff and students on Library policies and procedures
- Oversee the library collections development for LLC subject areas
- Make sure that the School’s annual library funds are spent efficiently
- Answer LLC subject related resource questions
- Provide information skills training to students and staff as required, either in class or on a one-to-one basis
I am also responsible for the University Library’s East Asian Studies Collection, the only such collection in Scotland.
My personal interests are English literature, Chinese classic poetry and prose, Chinese diaspora in Scotland, and photography.
Please contact me if I can help with your library needs:
Tel: 0131 6503370