The December issue of Student is now live! Read the last issue of 1985, ripe with politics and debate but with its fair share of festive cheer! Read more below…
- Edinburgh Principal and Vice Chancellor, Dr John Burnett, warns that government cuts to higher education could cause the University of Edinburgh, and other top universities around the UK, to close in the coming years.
- Worry about the removal of dissections from CSE O and A level biology courses may force degree courses to take up the slack.
- Edinburgh debating team sets sail for New York, the team will compete with 6 other Scottish universities as well as others from around the globe.
- Student livens up the week with not just a little, but of lot of Reggae!
- History was made as the first ever Chair of Parapsychology was filled by Dr Robert Morris of Syracuse University.
« November 1985 (Previous News)
(Next News) January 1986 »
Featured: April 1988
The final issue of Student also comes on the back of Easter Holidays, read all about it here….
Featured: March 1988
Spring has sprung in Edinburgh, with an exciting election for rector taking place, some great musical acts and much more! Read all about it here…