By signing into DiscoverEd you can request items that are already on loan to other users.
You can only request books or other items that are on loan if you are signed into DiscoverEd.
- If you are a member of the University click on UoE members and sign in with your EASE username and password.
- If you are an external borrower, SCONUL borrower or alumni borrower click on Non-members and sign in with your library barcode number and password.
- If you have not performed your search already, search for the item you wish to request. Once you have found it click on Find it in Library.
If the item is available to request i.e. it is on loan to another user or located at the Library Annexe, then a Request link will appear next to Request Options.
- Click on the Request link.
- Complete the request form. You may need to confirm the material type and your preferred pick up location from the options listed. Collection is from the library where the book is held, although Library Annexe items can be sent to the site of your choice.
- Click on the Request button to submit your request. If you have changed your mind about requesting the item just click on the Cancel button instead.
Your request has been made. You will be notified when and where the item is available for you to collect and how long it will be reserved for you.
With the exception of items in the Library Annexe, items will need to be collected at the library site where the item is located.
If you wish to have an item sent to a different site library, that is not in walking distance of the site holding the item, then please use ILLiad to make this request. If you have never used this before you must register by clicking on the first time users link.
Want more help using DiscoverEd? Try our FAQs.
Or contact the Helpline (IS.Helpline@ed.ac.uk).