By signing in to DiscoverEd you can renew items that you currently have on loan.
To renew your books you must sign in to DiscoverEd and then click the My Account link near the top right-hand side.
- If you are a member of the University click on UoE members and sign in with your EASE username and password.
- If you are an external borrower, SCONUL borrower or alumni borrower click on Non-members and sign in with your library barcode number and password.
Once you have signed in and clicked My Account you will be able to view your list of active loans i.e. what you have on loan at present and their due dates. You can renew your books from here.
Renewing your books
Make sure you are in your active loans section (click on List of Active Loans to make sure).
- Click on the link to Renew All if you wish to try to renew all of the items you have on loan
- OR click on the tick boxes for the particular item(s) you wan to renew and click the link to Renew Selected Loans.
- Go back and check that each item selected has been renewed and that the due dates have been changed.
- Note the due dates of item(s) that have been renewed.
Some of your items may have the Status Not Renewable.You cannot renew items:
- If they have been requested by another user
- If you have fines of over £10 on your record
- If they have been borrowed for the maximum loan period
- Or the book is a Reserve or HUB Reserve item.
Want more help using DiscoverEd? Try our FAQs.
Or contact the Helpline (IS.Helpline@ed.ac.uk).