You can search for journal titles or browse the “ejournals A-Z” to find and access e-journals in DiscoverEd.
Previously our e-journals A-Z list was separate to the Library Catalogue and Searcher. Now this is fully integrated into DiscoverEd, so you have two ways of finding e-journals in DiscoverEd.
- The View Online link will appear when the Library holds the e-journal. Click on this to find out what years the Library has access to and for link(s) to the site(s) you can access the e-journal through.
- For some items we will have both the physical (print) copy and the e-journal. The brief record will note Online access. The library also has physical copies.
- Click on Find it in Library to find out the location, shelfmark and issues held in print at the Library.
Note: If the Library does not have the print (physical) version of the journal the Find it in Library link will still appear but when you click it will tell you “Your search did not match any physical resource in the library.”
If you want to look specifically for an e-journal then you can do this via the integrated e-journals A-Z list.
Click on the ejournals A-Z link near top left-hand side. You can browse the alphabetical list for the journal title or search for the journal title using the search box.
If the Library subscribes to the e-journal it will appear in this list.
- Click the View Online link to get access to the e-journal. This will tell you the years the Library has access to and the provide links to the sites you can access the e-journal through.
- For some items we will have both the physical (print) copy and the e-journal. Click the Find it in Library link to check if the Library has the physical (print) copy.
Want more help using DiscoverEd? Try our FAQs.
Or contact the Helpline (IS.Helpline@ed.ac.uk).