Over the next few months we will be hosting a series of workshops, with the aim of engaging with the community to refine the Data Vault platform solution developed so far.
The first workshop is being held in Manchester on 7th October 2015 – for further details and to register see:
Eventbrite Data Vault Community Event, Manchester
The second workshop is being held in Edinburgh on the 5th November 2015 – for further details and to register see:
Eventbrite Data Vault Community Event, Edinburgh
Now that the Data Vault project has received second round finding, we thought it was time for a makeover!
We’ve been working hard with our designers, and now have a project logo and URL:
We’re pleased to announce that following the second round of project pitching in London on the 13th and 14th of July, the Data Vault project has been awarded further funding.
The first round of funding provided three months of effort, during which time the project developed a working proof of concept system that could archive and restore data. At the pitching session, team members demonstrated the prototype, and explained what would be achieved in the second round:
- Critical success factor: Deliver a first version of a complete data vault platform
- Implement the remaining requirements:
- Authentication and authorisation
- Integration with more storage options
- Management / monitoring interface
- Example interface to CRIS (PURE)
- Development of retention and review policy
- Scalability testing
- Two community engagement events (Manchester: 7th October, Edinburgh: 5th November)
We are grateful to Jisc for providing this second round of funding which will provide effort from August to November.