Welcome to the HCA Librarian blog. I’m Caroline Stirling and I am the Academic Support Librarian for the School of History, Classics and Archaeology (HCA).
In this blog I plan to highlight new and existing Library resources for HCA, including both online and print resources. To let you know about trial access to new e-resources and any major updates or changes in the Library’s services, policies or resources. To promote some of the Library exhibitions and events that may be of interest. And hopefully shed light on some of the interesting and unique collections at the University Library.
As Academic Support Librarian for HCA my role is to provide library support for teaching, learning and research within the School, including:
- facilitating communication between the Library and the School
- providing information skills training to HCA students and staff as required
- advising HCA staff and students on Library policies and procedures
- overseeing the School’s annual Library funds and collections development
- providing support to online distance learning students as well as campus-based students.
I am also currently the Academic Support Librarian for the School of Social & Political Science (SPS), as a job-share.