I’m happy to let you know that we currently have trial access to Bloomsbury Medieval Studies, a new interdisciplinary digital resource with a global perspective which opens up the medieval world for students and staff.
You can access Bloomsbury Medieval Studies from the E-resources trials page.
Access is available on and off-campus.
*Trial has been extended and access will now end on 24th November 2019*
Bloomsbury Medieval Studies brings together high-quality secondary content with visual primary sources, a brand new reference work and material culture images into one cross-searchable platform.
- Fully-searchable access to a broad range of over 150 scholarly books including primary texts, research monographs, companions and more.
- The Encyclopedia of the Global Middle Ages, a new and exclusive reference work.
- Exceptional visual sources, including newly-digitized and rare incunabula from Senate House Library, high-resolution medieval maps from the British Library, and 1000 images from the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
- A growing selection of study resources curated by major scholars.
- An interactive timeline with a global focus, placing image and text content from across the resource within their time and geographical region.
Access is only available to current students and staff at University of Edinburgh.
Please note, trial access to a resource is an opportunity for our staff and students to try a resource out and give feedback on its quality and usefulness. However, if we trial a resource this is not an indication that we plan to or will be able to purchase or subscribe to the resource in the near future.
Caroline Stirling – Academic Support Librarian for History, Classics and Archaeology