We have trial access to Academic Video Online (via Alexander Street Press) until 30th April. Please complete a trial feedback form if you would like the library to subscribe to any of the subject collections.
Academic Video Online is a multidisciplinary collection of videos that touches on the curriculum needs of virtually every department. It delivers more than 48,000 video titles spanning essential subject areas including anthropology, business, counselling, history, music, film, and more. More than half of the titles can be found only at Alexander Street. With 400 new titles added per month, this collection is unmatched in its breadth. Academic Video Online allows students and researchers alike to analyse unique and valuable content from over 500 producers and distributors around the world.
In addition to the breadth and depth of content, Academic Video Online offers a wide range of platform tools for learning, research, and teaching, including:
- Learning segments. More than 14,000 learning segments make it easy for instructors to find and integrate specific video content into the classroom and help users get to the right content faster. Each segment is fully searchable and includes an abstract, making user selection even easier.
- Transcripts. Users view searchable, scrolling transcripts alongside more than 95% of titles.
- Clipping functionality. Users can easily create, annotate, and share video clips and playlists, and can embed them in third-party sites.
- Permanent URLs. All videos, clips, and playlists can be cited at permanent URLs, making integration with any learning management system easy.
- HD-quality player. A video player with a 16:9 aspect ratio that streams up to 2.5 mbps allows for optimized high-definition viewing.
- Comprehensive permissions. Our platform enables in-class, on-campus, and remote viewing.
Academic Video Online – streamed video, all disciplines – http://search.alexanderstreet.com/avon
Playlists – all disciplines – http://search.alexanderstreet.com/playlists – register to make your own
Art & Design – Art & Architecture, Fashion Studies – http://search.alexanderstreet.com/art-design
Diversity – Asian Studies, Black Studies, LGBT, Women’s Studies – http://search.alexanderstreet.com/diversity
Health Sciences – Counselling and Therapy, Health Policy, Medical Imaging, Nursing, Rehabilitation, Sports Science, Veterinary Science – http://search.alexanderstreet.com/health-sciences
History – World History, Women’s History, American History – http://search.alexanderstreet.com/history
Literature & Language – Drama, Film, Language, Literature – http://search.alexanderstreet.com/literature-language
Music & Performing Arts – Classical Music, Dance, Film, Jazz, American Song, Popular Music, Theatre, World Music – http://search.alexanderstreet.com/music-performing-arts
Personal Interest – Cooking, How-to, Travel – http://search.alexanderstreet.com/personal-interest
Psychology and Counselling – http://search.alexanderstreet.com/psychology-counseling
Science & Engineering – http://search.alexanderstreet.com/science-engineering
Social Sciences – Anthropology, Business & Economics, Criminal Justice, Education, Environment, Food, Human Rights, Media Studies, Politics, Psychology, Religion, Social Theory – http://search.alexanderstreet.com/social-sciences